[dropcap]F[/dropcap]loral shorts are hot this summer and are the item of clothing that is a must-have. Every summer the floral pattern is reinvented or reestablished for the new season trend and now this year it is lots of floral that we are seeing – but not on dresses or cute, light tops, but on shorts.
Floral shorts were very popular in the 1980’s and 1990’s and of course fashion is always developing, but it is usually inspired by a trend from the past and this spring/summer it is no different. There are many floral shorts available in different styles and it is down to individual choice on the chosen form, such as the high-waist floral shorts, brightly coloured floral designs, larger and smaller flowers and different lengths of the shorts.
[box_light]Which celebrities are working the trend?[/box_light]
Many of Hollywood’s leading ladies are setting the trend and here is an example of how the gorgeous gals are working the look:
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is a model and actress who is always on trend and she is never afraid to try out a new style. At the Coachella festival, Rosie opted for embellished, floral jean shorts which show off her long, enviable legs beautifully. She has paired her shorts with a white, loose-fitting blouse so that all of the attention is focused on her eye-catching shorts.
Ciara has been seen out and about around Beverly Hills showing off her perfect, toned pins on her shopping trip in California. She has been making the most of the hot weather and sunshine and taken the opportunity to make her mark on the trend. Ciara has combined her short, floral cut-offs with a simple, white vest paired with black gladiator sandals and black glasses.
Katherine Jenkins teamed her white floral shorts up with a bright pink blazer and blue vest to add a pop of colour to the outfit. Katherine has colour-blocked well here and has shown how to wear eye-catching colours, but kept the floral shorts as the main focus of attention.
Further examples of how celebrities are wearing trend have also been demonstrated by Kelly Rowland, Emma Roberts and Rihanna and many other ladies who have been stepping out wearing their cute, floral shorts.
[box_light]How do you pull off the look?[/box_light]
1) Just because they’re trendy, as always don’t overdo it and wear too many patterned items with it.
2) Keep the top simple and opt for block colours to focus the attention on the shorts.
3) For people who feels self conscious about their curves or don’t like to reveal their legs, there are other options for you to keep on trend without worrying about squeezing into itsy-bitsy tight shorts. Longer and looser lengths are available which help to flatter the figure and compliment your body type.
4) To make you look taller team up the shorts with high heels in the evening and wedges during the daytime to create the illusion of longer legs.
5) Don’t be afraid to add accessories to your outfit – a simple bag, a long or short necklace and earrings.
6) If the weather is nice, team up your shorts with a pair of dark sunglasses to make the look complete.
Fashion is always about experimenting and finding a style that suits your body shape and personality and with many different types of floral shorts available, you will have the cream of the crop to choose from – of you can’t decide, why not buy them all?!
You must be logged in to post a comment.