LuganoPhotoDays’ second edition takes place from 12 to 20 October 2013.
René Burri’s exhibition, Impossible Reminiscences (12-19 October 2013) is the cherry on the cake of the event. The author of the Che smoking a cigar or LeCorbusier in his workshop exhibits, on the occasion of his 80th birthday and for the first time in Ticino, a series of colour images. Virtually unknown to the public, and displayed in chromological order, situations and portraits captured simultaneously with the black & white ones, deliver a unique vision of the creativity of this great Master of photography?s spirit from 1950 until today.
The program of the international festival of photography at 360° provides again the very much appreciated workshops and the conferences. It has been enhanced with a selection of thematic exhibitions, individual portfolio reviews and the presentation of book by emerging photographers.
Confirmed workshops and conferences at LuganoPhotoDays 2013:
• Antoine d’Agata (Magnum Photos): workshop + conference
• Moises Saman (Magnum Photos): workshop + conference
• Daria Bonera (Photo Editor Touring): workshop with Moises Saman
• GMB Akash: conference
• Franco Fontana: workshop
• Walo Thönen: workshop
• Marianna Santoni (“guru” Photoshop): technical workshop
• Exenia: technical workshop
• Piergiorgio Casotti: book presentation
Exhibitions at LuganoPhotoDays 2013:
• Impossible Reminiscences by René Burri (Magnum Photos), Il Ciani
• Survivors by GMB Akash, CSIA
• Reporters Sans Frontières / Reporters without borders– Switzerland, ex-Macello
As of this year LuganoPhotoDays counts on the support of the City of Lugano who provides the Il Ciani premises – an exceptional setting for René Burri’s exhibition and the other meetings. The CSIA spaces will, again, host all workshops as well as the GMB Akash exhibition. The Reporters Sans Frontières exhibition will take place at the ex-Macello.
Furthermore, the holder of the Lugano Card and City Card will obtain 5% discount on all workshops and a reduction on the ticket for the exhibitions and conferences.